Required International Student Health Insurance
Health insurance is a very important part of the international student's education in the United States, and therefore is required of all students who attend school at Lincoln University throughout the duration of their program of study. Lincoln University strongly believes that the best interest of our international students was not being met by the insurance plans being purchased recently. We have worked hard to find a plan that meets all your needs. Beginning with Fall 2017 registration, Lincoln will remove this uncertainty by requiring all international students to purchase one plan sponsored by the University.
We are pleased to announce that we have successfully negotiated the following insurance plan for all our international students. The decision on which insurance plan to select came through a thorough review of multiple insurance carriers. Ultimately, we have selected LewerMark Student Insurance (Cigna) to insure all our international students.
- Coverage must be in force for the entire school term.
- Maximum benefit must be $250,000 or more per policy year.
- Office visit copayment must be no more than $20 per visit to a provider.
- Coinsurance must be 90% or more for in-network coverage.
- Out-of-pocket maximum must be $6,000 or less per policy year.
- Outpatient prescription drug benefits must be included.
- Medical evacuation benefit must have at least $50,000 coverage.
- Repatriation of remains benefit must have at least $25,000 coverage.
- Claims must be administered and paid by a U.S.-based company, and underwriting company must be owned, operated, and headquartered in the U.S.
- Students may not waive participation in this plan with coverage through their home country.
- Plan must show a $0 deductible for individuals.
Students who elect to purchase other forms of insurance, must meet ALL minimum requirements listed above or their policy will not be approved. You will need to upload your health insurance information to the following website. http://www.4studenthealth.com/lincoln You will need to allow 24-48 hours for approval. For example, if you submit your health insurance on a Friday, the earliest you would receive a reply is the following Monday.
In the meantime, please do not hesitate to contact us with any immediate questions.
Student Services Office: (510)628-8034 or email: email@example.com